6 Volt Battery Charger/Equalizer?

Options
silvertop
silvertop Solar Expert Posts: 155 ✭✭✭✭✭
I occasionally, have a need to grid charge 6 Volt deep cycle batteries, one at a time. Does anyone know of a 110 charger for 6 volt that also has an equalization function? As I recall, my local battery shop has a charger that has a reastat to adjust the voltage. Maybe this would be an option? Suggestions.....ideas???

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: 6 Volt Battery Charger/Equalizer?

My guess--Something like this is going to be your "off the shelf" option:

http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-PSW-61224-ProSeries-Battery-Charger/dp/B002YK9ZYQ

It will be up to you to set/monitor the equalize current you want and to set/monitor the time.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • silvertop
    silvertop Solar Expert Posts: 155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the link. I can't tell if the voltage is adjustable with this manual charger. I will have to research it later. I'm looking to raise the voltage for a true EQ, not just continuous manual current.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

From reading the specifications--It almost sounds more like a charger where you set the current you want. I.e., 6 volts with heavy current is a light current at 12 volts (if I recall the manual correctly). It did not have a specific voltage set point--just timer and current settings (again IIRC).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset