Three phase garbage

Options
Thomas
Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
I uncovered a lot of downright:cry: lies about three phase generators and wiring on the web. I finally figured to connec:confused: in series for a delta. beware. all lies liES LIES!!:grr;)
Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Three phase garbage

Are these engine driven generators or Wind Turbine ? we don't really have much of a clue, as this is the solar forum, and only very large grid tine inverters produce 3 phase power.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,457 admin
    Options

If I remember correctly, Thomas was trying to put an Air-X wind turbine together and make it run. The PMS stator wiring was disconnected and he could not find any documentation that said how to wire the stator correctly (delta, Wye, which wires where, etc.).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Thomas
    Options

It is an Air-x without the factory controller anymore. I was hooking it up in varius shades of paralel, and was only getting 5-6 volts out of it. winding1 pos and neg, winding 2 pos and neg, winding 3 pos and neg.(1+,2+),(3+,1-),(2-,3-)was paralel and wrong. The right way is in series end to end...(1-2+)(2-,3+)(3-1+), this was so much fun,no I am being sarcastic, I truly hope this works because I am tired of these groups of numbers. I also did post this on Wind Power Generation when I remembered this was Solar beginners, not really Alternate Energy beginners. Sorry and thanks.

• Thomas
    Options

reply to myself, nope, the latest configureation yeilded only 5-10 volts in the wind, which finally arrived. oh well back to sorting thru conflicting fact pages on the web.