BP Closes Solar Business

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
BP, notorious for the worst oil spill in US history, is closing its solar business because it’s not profitable. Tata BP Solar India Ltd*will continue, however, where BP has a 51% stake in...

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=RGwh6S8eT4Q:GXq9v0_W_bs:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=RGwh6S8eT4Q:GXq9v0_W_bs:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
RGwh6S8eT4Q

More...

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: BP Closes Solar Business

Attachment not found.
    I'm suprised BP gave up. NOT
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Volvo Farmer
    Volvo Farmer Solar Expert Posts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how this affects the warranty? We know anyone with Evergreen panels is SOL and I'm pretty glad I didn't buy a 2010 Saab!
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

Not sure how this will affect any warranty. We have not sold BP panels for at least 3 years, due to various customer service and other issues. I am not surpised BP got out - and for sure not the first oil company to get in and then drop the solar business.
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

They had a big solar panel manufacturing plant in Frederick, MD, right on the side if I-70. Couldn't miss it, since it was covered with solar panels. Every time I drove by I got a smile on my face knowing that at least some of the world's production of solar panels was happening "right here". It was slated to be expanded into one of the biggest plants worldwide just a couple of years ago, then that was cancelled, then they closed the plant. :cry:
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

i believe that was the old solarex plant and i saw that building from the road too long ago.
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

It was built under a different brand name before BP, yes. Don't remember what it was.
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is