frameless solar panel racking system

Does anyone know of a frameless racking system?
www.lumossolar.com

is one that uses HOLES in the panel to connect it to the frame.
I saw one on you tube that was a ground mount system that used rubber bumpers over the metal grid and then clamping methods to hold the panels of glass in place. of course I lost that link.

I found the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpcYxDAP8Y4
See 2:15, has anyone used this type of system? If so do those clips every come loose?

Comments

• michael k
    michael k Registered Users Posts: 6
    Re: frameless solar panel racking system
    Does anyone know of a frameless racking system?
    www.lumossolar.com

is one that uses HOLES in the panel to connect it to the frame.
    I saw one on you tube that . . .

rolland, watched the VDO and noticed the "click-in" system which is much like Unirac's Solarmount-I mounting feet. The panel's frame itself is not really intended for sole lateral structural support and then you've got the problem of "the code" man & attachment rafters usually being 16" on center?

Picture this (the clicksys I-beams are cheap enough): instead of the standard "click-feet" use a "slider" on the bottom of the I-beam attached by two "L feet", top one pivoting, making them "tilt-adjustable" on other end yet still very low profile.

You could use a top of beam mounted slider direct into panel holes? Tightening would be a contortionist trick or just use top-bolt standoffs?

Has anyone tried this? Worked with the Solarmount-I beams before?
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: frameless solar panel racking system

recheck the threads SessionMan posted in to see if you can find what you are referring to.