Generator Fuel Consumption Test

Options
2»

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Generator Fuel Consumption Test

Yes, I thought so too. I looked at his wind turbine site; well-built units it seems.

But an intractable position that the only thing that matters in generator efficiency is the kW hours per gallon is not accurate and dismissing other points of view out-of-hand is basically incompatible with this forum.

I checked out the Generac Eco he recommended. Around here the only version available is a 6kW propane powered unit costing over $4,000 and weighing over 350 lbs. To my way of thinking that is not an efficient solution when the need is for occasional use of less than 1kW which can easily be fulfilled by a generator that costs 1/4 the amount and can be carried by one arm.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

Ease up guys... Let's keep on track regarding the technical issues/questions/answers.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • ChrisOlson
    ChrisOlson Banned Posts: 1,807 ✭✭
    Options
    BB. wrote: »
    Ease up guys... Let's keep on track regarding the technical issues/questions/answers.

Indeed. This type conduct from "moderators" is rather disappointing, to say the least, and I instantly lose interest in participating when it's going to be merely a member bashing party.

I will say only one thing, and you can read thru the posts if you want to verify it - I did NOT recommend an EcoGen for a 1 kW load. I recommended it as a standby unit for an XW6048 inverter/battery backup power system. I recommended it because I have personal experience with the unit, it interacts seamlessly with two wire start systems on inverters, and has proven to be a very fuel efficient and high performing generator on just such an installation - mine.

Thanks,
    --
    Chris

Edit: One additional comment - for folks who are interesting in the testing of these generators on real world loads, and how they fare on fuel economy, I have posted the information in the User Diaries section of the Fieldlines forum. The Yanmar has been tested. It beat all comers so far, including the Yamaha at 25% load.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This forum is one of the best behaved and tame ones. Most forums have at least a couple of 'bridge trolls' who's egos exceed their expertise.
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't believe one needs a Moderator to do the removing, if removal is one's wish.