Latest 19k hybrid install

xolar
xolar Solar Expert Posts: 27 ✭✭
We have been busy trying to beat the rain and got the bulk of the install done so I thought I would share some pics.

The system consists of 84 CS6-230P modules 3 SB6000us inverters,
4 sunny island 5048 battery based inverters and some creative wiring.
I am waiting on a 20kw John deere generator and 24 full river DC400-6 batteries
that will be inside a DPW enclosure.

Enjoy

Comments

• Seven
    Seven Solar Expert Posts: 292 ✭✭
    Re: Latest 19k hybrid install

That looks awesome!

Where is all the shading coming from on the bank of panels on the right?
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

What is the application?

T
  • xolar

The shade is late in the day from a large tree that is being removed and the application is a large residence outside the city limits.
  • tmarch
    tmarch Solar Expert Posts: 143 ✭✭

Very nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

i'm jealous.8)

heck, i think the ground area those pvs take up might be as large as, if not larger than, my entire lot.:roll::D
  • xolar

I had to do quite a few work around's to make this system work, I'm not to sure how many people out there have done a full sunny ac coupled system but they have there complex parts. Here is a semi current diagram I need to change a couple as built changes but it explains the path.
  • xolar
  • xolar

One other cool quick system I did was for Mr. Haggard to power a sqflex well pump I think it turned out pretty sweet, I am currently putting in a 12k grid tie on his new studio to be.Attachment not found.
  • NEOH
    NEOH Solar Expert Posts: 74 ✭✭

Xolar,
    Regarding your 19K hybrid installation ...
    What brand is the solar mounting kit?
    The vertical pipe looks like galvanized fence pipe?
    What are the square tubes made of?
  • xolar

The racking is pro solar and the galvenized pipe is 1 1/2" galvanized thick wall water pipe. The horizantal pipes are supported with Hollander tee fittings.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

The installation is all top notch, best I have seen.

I am concerned though, it appears you have connected three strings of batteries in parallel, which is a serious safety violation. Each string must be fused so a fault of a battery doesn't cause a fire or explosion with the other battery banks feeding the fault unprotected.
  • xolar

I have already ordered fuses for the cables to protect them I had to do some flex and roll with my initial design because of cabinet issues. I like the design of the new outback cabinet and will be using that type of setup in my next system with 9 sunny islands and all custom designed enclosures. I'm working on a multicluster tower based setup up that I think will look super neat.

I would really like to team up with some one a come up with a better GUI for the sunny island system, I'm not to sure how many people out there are trying to data log with the web box/non portal but there are not a lot of options.

Really there is a serious lack of information reguarding the SI platform, what I really liked about this was the ability to power some high current loads directly from the ac/pv without little assistance from the batteries or sunny islands.

Jason
  • autoxsteve
    autoxsteve Solar Expert Posts: 114 ✭✭✭✭

Where is this located? You don't appear to have a location specified in your profile.
  • xolar

Both the job and I are located in Redding, CA