Pinout for Enecsys Bus Grid Connect Cable, IN-DC-05

Options
Hi,

I need pinout for Enecsys Bus Grid Connect Cable, IN-DC-05.

http://us.mydeco.com/p/enecsys-bus-grid-connect-cable-in-dc-05/US69B8DDPYKWBKXIJMHCF4A46LJAWWJGKOZ45YML/

:)

When connecting grid tie inverter to grid is it important not to switch live wire and neutral ?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Pinout for Enecsys Bus Grid Connect Cable, IN-DC-05

Don't know if switching hot and neutral will matter on a 120vac gti.

Newer gti systems will measure the neutral voltage to hot for 240vac split phase systems.

And some ups computer backup systems measure hot to neutral and neutral to earth ground connections before turning on.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What are the wire colors?

The pig tail you show looks to be a European version. It might still work on a U.S. version micro-inverter but the wire colors may be European reference which is probably Hot, neutral, ground, where hot to neutral is Europe's 240vac. Just a guess but likely the ground is U.S. neutral and their neutral and hot are U.S. L1 and L2, 240 vac.

Somewhere on the web I saw Europe's wiring color convention. If I remember correctly, their hot is brown, neutral is blue, and ground is green-yellow which looks like the picture in the link you attached.

(U.S. is Black/Red for L1/L2 with White for Neutral).

So don't confuse Europe's neutral for U.S. neutral. Their neutral to hot is 240vac.

For U.S. version micro-inverter, the neutral should not be grounded to inverter case. I am not sure of European version micro-inverter whether the third ground wire is connected to case. I assume they have the same grounding isolation between neutral and ground until it gets back to main breaker box where they are tied together at service entrance.

So, my guess would be U.S. L1 and L2 tied to their brown and blue, with U.S. neutral tied to their green-yellow.

(you did not put in your profile where you are located so I am assuming it is U.S.). Hopefully you bought U.S. model micro-inverter if you are in U.S., otherwise it probably is not U.L. approved.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options

I am in Europe - 220 V , 50 Hz.
    Pig tail is European version and I use european version
    of micro inverter .
    Green-yellow wire is connected to case of micro inverter-this is grounding.

When ordered micro inverter I forget to order this pig tail
    so I have to wait almost a month after ordering to arrive.

I hope to find pin out of live wire and neutral on AC connector ..

Did Anyone knows is it important to properly connect live wire and neutral
    of microinverter to live wire and neutral of grid or it can be crossed ?
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

I was told that the outlets/wiring was not polarized in Europe and that many were not even grounded neutrals (perhaps it varied by country, but I had to design my computer equipment assuming that).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset