Good day

offgrid me
offgrid me Solar Expert Posts: 119 ✭✭
Just had a good day of generation. My 4200w of panels produced 4063w at some point today in 75* temps. Thats 96% of label so I guess Im doing pretty well. Since I flipped the switch 15 days ago I have been in float 93 hrs even with a few days of rain and clouds most days. Now it looks like a hurricane is going to come right over my house. I guess ill pull down the panels for a day and hope for the best. At least I dont have to worry about the power going out.:p

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Good day

as much as it pains you to do that, it would be a shame to have them damaged so soon after installing. i just hope that all stays fine regardless as we don't want other damages to occur either. now wouldn't it be just like that guy murphy to send another right after this one and make you take them down again?:cry::grr
  • offgrid me

Thank goodness for ground mount. It should only take me a few hours
  • TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭

Pics of setup? :D:D
  • offgrid me

Here are a few pictures. I am having trouble with the array pic because it is to large a pic. I will try and resize it and post it in a few
  • offgrid me

Ok heres the array as it stands now before the hurricane comes through
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok heres the array as it stands now before the hurricane comes through

Watch that shadow ! Big array !
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭
    offgrid me wrote: »
    Here are a few pictures. I am having trouble with the array pic because it is to large a pic. I will try and resize it and post it in a few

Is that 2 strings of 8 batteries in series?

Edit: You were responding while I was trying to figure out the series /parallel cabling. The 2 individual strings are series, but are paralleled to each other?
  • offgrid me

No it is method 2. There are two strings of batteries paralled at the bus bars with both + coming from one end and both - coming from the opposite end. All cables are the same length for both+ and - feeds to the bus bars. The interconnects are all exactly the same length.
  • bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭

That's pretty slick:D
    offgrid me wrote: »
    No it is method 2. There are two strings of batteries paralled at the bus bars with both + coming from one end and both - coming from the opposite end. All cables are the same length for both+ and - feeds to the bus bars. The interconnects are all exactly the same length.
  • offgrid me

Thanks I did it all myself with a lot of help from the people on this site. The hardest part was getting the top course of panels on the racking with only a six ft step ladder and making all the battery cables. 2/0 is a pain to work with.
  • TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭

Looks great!! Thanks!! I'm a pic wh*** :-)