electric grilling George Foreman style most efficient units?

Mariner777
Mariner777 Solar Expert Posts: 29
One thing I miss about life on land was using my George Foreman grill. The smallest unit in the stores is I think around 800 watts which is doable if I get a slightly bigger inverter. I could probably only use it around 10 minutes a day. Anyone know of more efficient electric grills in this style? I understand that using resistors to create heat is quite inefficient have not been able to find a propane George foreman either - would like the smallest most compact units as well as its a boat.

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: electric grilling George Foreman style most efficient units?

I recently picked up a little Betty Crocker, model BC1972CR, "Contact Grill" and like it for small jobs. 600 watts.
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭

Our Hamilton Beach uses 700 watts. Price: Around $24 in Puerto Rico. And it is a little bit bigger than the George Foreman unit.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I think 770 watts, I'm happy with the foreman and use it often off grid, It cycles on and off once hot I usually cook several servings, to conserve and reheat in a microwave.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.