charge voltage and settings

Options
lotek
lotek Solar Expert Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭
XW6048/XWcharge controller/XW sys control panel

I got me 48v sys working a few weeks ago with 8 6v bats.
Installed a second bank a few days ago, and have been having funny readings on my sys control panel. Before the new bats were added I was reading a 20% discharge with only my inverter and frig on at night.(just an estimate, its a bar graph) After installing the sec bank my SCP is showing 40% discharge. some time in the early morning this reading jumps to 10% discharge. this morning my SCP read the 40% discharge and battery bank at 50.7v, I turned off the DC to the inverter, checked my battery voltage and it read 54.4volts, turned the DC back on and SCP read 10% discharge and 54.4v.
When I added the new bank I changed the amp hr settings from 225AH to 450AH
My inverter setting for charge voltage is 50.7. Just what does that mean?
batterys dont recharge untill that voltage is hit ? On an offgrid sys should it be higher?

Does that have anything to do with the readings Im getting?

Comments

• RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: charge voltage and settings

You have to run through a full absorb period to reset the XW's reference.

The XW accuracy on battery gauge is so-so. It makes its % reading from calculations of AC power going in and out of the actual inverter node with fudge factors thrown in for inverter efficiency and battery charge efficiency. It has no actual battery line current measurement capability.

It needs a full battery charge reference to subtract calculated consumption and charge input from.