PVWatts hourly data

ggunn
ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
Does anyone in here know of a published Excel document which will graph out hourly data from PVWatts? I want to compare the hourly output of three slightly differently oriented subarrays to determine if they can be combined onto a single inverter.

My Excel chops leave much to be desired; if someone can explain to me in simple terms how to do it myself, that might work.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: PVWatts hourly data

I am not good at Excel... But you might try graphing the differences between the "nominal" and your Summer/Winter or Tracking/Non-Tracking differences (for example)... Graph the both differences and sum of the differences over time (by season or by year)--depending on how detailed you want the graphs.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    BB. wrote: »
    I am not good at Excel... But you might try graphing the differences between the "nominal" and your Summer/Winter or Tracking/Non-Tracking differences (for example)... Graph the both differences and sum of the differences over time (by season or by year)--depending on how detailed you want the graphs.

-Bill
    That's what I was thinking, and I'm pretty sure Excel is the tool, but I know only enough Excel to generate a grocery list. ;^)
  • TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭
    ggunn wrote: »
    but I know only enough Excel to generate a grocery list. ;^)

A grocery list of Solar, batteries, inverters and wires makes a mean salad if mixed well. :p