XW6048 programing

System
System Posts: 2,511 admin
I have a small system set up, off grid. I have 4 x 185 watt Kyocera panels in series (I will be adding 4 more panels this summer, and hopefully 4 more each summer until I have at least 5 strings of 4 or 740 x 5 watts), to a FX80 charge controller and to a 48V battery bank consisting of 8 T125 Trojan batteries. I just recently went to the 48V bank and changed from an inefficient 24V cheapo inverter to a XW6048 inverter. When I turn on the DC safety switch the inverter works but I find no way to program it. I do not have the accessory control panel. Do I need to buy an optional control to program this? If not, how do I proceed?

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: XW6048 programing

Actually my basic question should be: I have a battery bank (48V) powered XW6048 inverter. I also have a 30A 240V generator. If I wire the gen into the inverter at Gen2 terminals will they play together or do I need to set some perameters.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭

You need a XW System Control Panel to configure settings. (about $240).

For generator you need to setup XW for max AC2in current draw to avoid overloading generator. Also set charging current based on battery AH size.

Read the Op guide (and re-read it) to learn how to do setup. Some of the programming is a bit confusing. For example, setting the max AC2in input current limit to set maximum draw on generator is set by maximum breaker size. The max breaker size setting is 20% higher then you actually want to load the generator to. For a generator with 30 amp maximum output you would set AC2in breaker to 37 amps.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Thanks, I ordered the SCP from this forum's sponsor. I read the XW manual and it said I did not need a SCP for just 1 inverter. Apparently that is not true if I want a generator connected too (but I could not find that info in the inverter manual. The SCP was shipped today. When I get it and set it up my system should be ready to go. I now run the inverter just on battery/solar but the gen will increase my possibilities. I am off grid.
    Thanks for the help RCinFLA.