Complete newbie dumb question re SW4024

I live on a small island and have a Trace SW4024 and a bank of 12 batteries to provide emergency power during power outages such as the one we had yesterday. I left home while the power was out and returned when power had resumed to find that the circuits wired to the inverter had no power, and the inverter had no lights on. Tripping household power breakers doesn't help. What do you think caused this, and is there a simple fix?

I may be on the wrong forum and I apologize for that, but you guys seem to know a lot! I did not wire the house but have never had a problem with the setup in the last 5 years. I'm asking you because I am afraid the electrician which I will have to call tomorrow will likely be unfamiliar with this sort of power back-up. Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Dave in the Dark

Comments

  • mikeomikeo Solar Expert Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    Re: Complete newbie dumb question re SW4024
    Tripping household power breakers doesn't help. What do you think caused this, and is there a simple fix?
    Do you have 24 volt power to the inverter through the disconnect? If you do, then check the button breaker on the left side of the inverter. If that doesn't work, you will need a new inverter because it is hard to find any one left that can repair that old of an inverter.
  • RCinFLARCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭
    Re: Complete newbie dumb question re SW4024

    The inverter relies on battery power to run its controller board and power the AC1 (grid) and AC2 (generator) power relays that when closed connect to AC in.

    The unit will be completely dead (not even LCD display) without battery power.

    Sounds like you don't have battery power to inverters. Either by a battery breaker or battery fuse being open. The low battery voltage shutdown should shut off the inverter active function before batteries are totally depleted so there should still be enough battery power to run the control board and power relays even if left unattended with AC loads draining batteries.

    Other possibility is one or more batteries went bad and opened up.
Sign In or Register to comment.