Q: how to get SREC for solar farm in NJ

I am new in this forum and in solar industry.

Question:
If I have a plan of installing >2MW solar farm in new jersey. What kind of credit that I can apply? I heard SREC but donno my eligibility if my system is grid tie without net metering.

thank y'all for helping

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,422 admin
    Re: Q: how to get SREC for solar farm in NJ

Not too many of us here have much experience with larger commercial installations... A good place to start for state and federal incentives (and listings of solar/RE laws) is:

www.dsireusa.org

In the end, you will need to work with local engineering/experienced construction firms and your local utility to ensure that you meet all of the requirements and don't have a $10 million+ installation already to go and no final permit/generation agreement.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

That size is way out of my league
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

thank y'all for reply, especially Bill's

now. what is the generation limit for a solar farm to be connected to distribution network v.s. transmission network. considerating voltage level for distribution is 67KV
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,422 admin

You would really need to work with your local utility systems engineer to scope out the capabilities of the network in your area.

Of course, this assumes that the utility would be really interested in working with you vs having to be dragged kicking and screaming to allow small RE generators to connect to "their grid".

I would look for other commercial solar installations in your area and find out who the contractor was... They should be able to give you a rough quote pretty quickly and feed back on how the utilities/laws work in your area.

In many regions, a utility treats you more like a competitor than a team member--And you could end up with lots of real and imagined road blocks to your solar farm.

-Bill

PS: You might also check with your governmental local/region building and planning entities too and see what they have to offer.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

the better question might be to ask the op why he is doing this as i don't think he'll have the utility paying him on a 2mw system and if they do it'll be a really low amount per kwh. the initial costs of such a system will be huge even with incentives and would take quite some time in years to break even let alone make a profit.