Truck tool box as battery box...

2»

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Truck tool box as battery box...
    dwh wrote: »
    Thickness is a red herring - it's irrelevant.

Except than thin little electrical tape is much more likely to get damaged while your working, whereas thick rubber factory insulation and/or good gloves are not.

I quite respect your knowledge and POV dwh, but I'll still stick with my method. :cool:

BTW, if a Worksafe BC inspector saw you working with your taped-up handles you could lose your ticket here. You could argue facts 'til you're blue in the face and it wouldn't matter to them; it's "unsafe practice" and that's that.
  • Kamala
    Kamala Solar Expert Posts: 452 ✭✭

I thought that "real" linemen (that work on 10 or 100kV lines) have their natural rubber gloves tested and reissued daily or at least regularly.
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    BTW, if a Worksafe BC inspector saw you working with your taped-up handles you could lose your ticket here. You could argue facts 'til you're blue in the face and it wouldn't matter to them; it's "unsafe practice" and that's that.

Nah. The old-timer who trained me would have, but I leave the factory grips on my tools and then wrap them only when needed (which really is almost never). Adding the tape over the factory grips doesn't violate the rules.
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    Kamala wrote: »
    I thought that "real" linemen (that work on 10 or 100kV lines) have their natural rubber gloves tested and reissued daily or at least regularly.

They do. They also have to wear canvas gloves over the rubber gloves to protect the rubbers from nicks.