panel not charging freezer

John XW NY
John XW NY Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭✭✭
Hi,

My panel is not charging my sundanzer freezer. I checked the panel and it is producing 24 volts. when i connected the cables to it mc4 im getting nothing on the other end before i connect to the charge controller. What could be causing this to happen? The CC appears to be functioning fine. Is it the cables then are bad? They are 10 gauge ul listed . are they defective or what? any advice from you guys ?:confused:

TY JOHN

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: panel not charging freezer

If you have power at the panel and "nothing on the other end before.."connecting to the charge conroller, I think you've found your problem!

BTW - if this is in the same 300 ft radius of your other system, it makes no sense to me to have a seperate system, just my opinion...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.