Source for Warning Label and Signs?

bart
bart Solar Expert Posts: 30
I'm not having much luck finding a source for ready made PV warning signs and labels. I was hoping someone here could direct me?

Need:

"CAUTION: SOLAR ELECTRIC SYSTEM CONNECTED"
"CAUTION: SOLAR CIRCUIT"

AND Warning signs per article 690.53 NEC 2008?

Thanks, Bart

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Source for Warning Label and Signs?

A thread here:

NEC Permanent Label Requirements

And:
    drees wrote: »
    Drew up a caution plaque last night using OpenOffice Impress, emailed a copy to the SDG&E NEM guy to see if he liked it before I turned it into a sign. He liked it (very quick reply!) and I called up a local trophy/sign shop. Emailed them a copy of the sign in bmp format and they should have it done in the next day or so and will cost me about $15. Good deal!

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • nvyseal
    nvyseal Solar Expert Posts: 108 ✭✭✭✭

I dont know if this will be much help to you, but I am a printer by trade, and can have these plaques made for you. You just need to give me the size you need, and I can give you a price, and have them shipped out to you.

They would be plastic, Red background White letters Engraved, with holes or sticky-back (Holes are better for outside)
  • bart
    bart Solar Expert Posts: 30

Thanks for the info...

Bart
  • Slappy
    Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bart, have you tried a trophy shop, they might not have the paper stickers, but can use the hard plastic "stick-on/screw-on" labels?
  • Jburgess
    Jburgess Solar Expert Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

No affiliation, but I had mine made here:

www.A2Zthrophy.com

Engraved plastic with adhesive on back

1 x 3 were $4 each and 1-1/2 x 3 were $8 each
  • drees
    drees Solar Expert Posts: 482 ✭✭✭

Like the others, I found a local trophy shop able to supply the required plastic signage at a reasonable price - just provided them a diagram of what I needed and they turned it around in a day or two.
  • t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

http://www.mysafetysign.com/

thats where I got mine from...you can make custom signs on the website

just look at my pic
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
  • t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

I need a t-shirt with the second one......sometimes I think my computer does control me
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

i had to sign up to leave this comment. When my usual source for labels were sold out, i did a google search and found only a few retailers that sold them online and nothing locally. i got some at duncansolar.com and they had them all in stock and shipped same day. I thought about having them made for me too but until then, i will just buy them. They are made by Tyco, if that helps with people searching for them.
  • PV Labels
    PV Labels Registered Users Posts: 2

pvlabels.com has a wide assortment of warning labels. We're installers too and have had a heck of a time getting labels that worked for us, so we did something about it. Hope this helps.

this link has been approved for posting. i can't vouch for the business. niel
  • LabelEngraving.com
    LabelEngraving.com Registered Users Posts: 2

kyle@panelcraftinc.comWe keep well stocked with UV Rated Standard Colors 1/16" & 1/8" Thick
    - Most orders are ready for pickup or shipment same to next day here

Sample Prices Below: Discounting on all quantities starting at 250.00 - Small or Large - Up to 50% at 5,000.00
    - 1.00" x 2.00" @ $1.36
    - 1.00" x 3.00" @ $1.65
    - 2.00" x 4.00" @ $3.27

kyle@panelcraftinc.comAttachment not found.Attachment not found.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

labelengraving.com,
    do not push your products any more. you have been allowed to let others be aware you are around with 2 such posts and this is an exception to the norm here. any more posts will need to be forum related and not aimed at selling your labels. we will allow your email address in your signature line, but do not abuse the exception you have been given.
    also note this is not an endorsement for this company or products it has.
    also note that any bad feedback on your company or products will result in all references to the company being eliminated.