Solar Powered Jet pump

Texas Wellman
Texas Wellman Solar Expert Posts: 153 ✭✭
I am a licensed pump installer in the state of Tx. I was looking for a solution to using a jet pump installed on a 2" well using solar power. A 4" or 3" grundfos will not work in this application.

Does anybody have any experience with the sunpump line of centrifugal pumps? I was looking at installing their shallow well jet pump with 6 panels. The static water level is very high for this application (~10 ft) and there will be no pressure, water will be fed directly into a cattle trough.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Texas Wellman
    Re: Solar Powered Jet pump

I was hoping some one would chime in on this one.....looks like I get to be the first.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin

I am on city water--So I am not much help. The little I have read here over the years seems to indicate that Sun Pumps are fine. The company offers quite a bit of engineered solutions for DC powered brushless pumps/motors--Pretty interesting.

Here is a Google Search for "Sunpump" on this forum for the few other threads about them.

Our host NAWS carries SunPumps--Perhaps talking to them directly can help you.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • CHEVYGUY
    CHEVYGUY Registered Users Posts: 6
    I was hoping some one would chime in on this one.....looks like I get to be the first.

I sent you a pm with my info.
  • Texas Wellman

PM replied.

Any more info?