Firmware upgrade for XW version 1.04

John XW NY
John XW NY Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if the is a upgrade from version 1.04 available ? Im just curious .
Ive got the Xw Config Tool so I can upgrade it if it is available JD

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Firmware upgrade for XW version 1.04
    John XW NY wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the is a upgrade from version 1.04 available ? Im just curious .
    Ive got the Xw Config Tool so I can upgrade it if it is available JD

http://www.xantrex.com/support/web/type/21/docldoc_type.asp

This all I see above.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭

From 'crewzer' in thread:
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?t=8162

"XW inverter/chargers loaded with the latest firmware (so-called "1.5") now support AC-coupling."

It seems he is not sure what 'so called 1.5' means in terms of actual release number.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

The XW-6048 firmware isn't listed that would do AC coupling, for that mater the 1.4 isn't listed either which I've run for some time. AC coupling has nothing to do with the XW-MPPT , which does have the 1.5 version, that fixed the charge state bugs
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    The XW-6048 firmware isn't listed that would do AC coupling, for that mater the 1.4 isn't listed either which I've run for some time. AC coupling has nothing to do with the XW-MPPT , which does have the 1.5 version, that fixed the charge state bugs

Did you get the rev 1.4 XW6048 SW in a new production unit or did you get and load the update?

Any idea what production date would have the XW inverter SW capable of ACout GT inverter AC coupling?
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

Got the 1.04 last year from engineering contacts ...

As for AC coupling, Jim/Crewzers post was the first I head about it ... since he is a Xantrex employee he is the best contact for release information.
  • John XW NY
    John XW NY Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭✭✭

Dudes i downloaded the wrong firmware with my xw tool and my system would not work, xantrex sent me a replacement board and i installed it successfully (it was easy)

be careful with the xw tool uploading frimawre . Do not download the wrong one or you will be sorry!!!

Thank god and xantrex in that order!!
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just an FYI. If you had first saved the configuration, you would have been able to revert back in most cases. Glad that all is well!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net