Trace SW 4024 Crash, Help needed ASAP

2»

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Trace SW 4024 Crash, Help needed ASAP
    solorone wrote: »

many parts are not available. The guy in California has quit working on them. there is someone in Jersey and NC, that might do it, but I guess it would not be wise to sink 600/800$ in shipping and repair into an 11 YO unit.:frown:

Was this Robert in Richmond Ca.? If so he was great and always had parts and loaners for me. I never went inside the SW's as they were not easy enough, for me... The XW's are designed for Field Service. Nice modules and not as daunting to look at. You should go to their site and check out the video of the system if you have a high speed connection.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• solorone
    solorone Solar Expert Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    halfcrazy wrote: »
    I could not imagine even thinking of buying a new inverter till I new what was wrong. The SW has 2 separate ac inputs so even if one was flaky the other should work I would think. I still say generator issues and I would be testing simple things before I dump 3 grand or better on an inverter and set there embarrassed when it did the same thing.

That is my 2 cents but in today's economy that's pretty useless.

I did swap inputs to no avail, something mechanical happened inside the trace. The dull thunk.

"thats pretty useless" How so???
    If you live off grid you must be prepared for such failures, this is why I will not use the new higher voltage controllers.

I normally kept a extra inverter around, but let my last 2412 go to a old customer, also off grid. Never got around to buying a backup. a lot of stuff happened the last 4 years, and my PV system fell off my radar, but it just kept ticking along. I did make a bad mistake not buying another SW4024

I will remedy that. Some people live where they do regardless of cost, 2k or 3K stashed in storage is money in the bank.

If the trace had not come back I would have had a new one aired in today. Rain was in the forecast and a house full of company this weekend.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

solorone,
    i have to sidetrack here for one moment on your signature line saying " Help save earth, it's the only planet with chocolate". as my wife would say, "cute saying", but i'd like to know how it is you know that no other planet has chocolate on it. was it because you visited them all to know?:p
  • solorone
    solorone Solar Expert Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    solorone,
    i have to sidetrack here for one moment on your signature line saying " Help save earth, it's the only planet with chocolate". as my wife would say, "cute saying", but i'd like to know how it is you know that no other planet has chocolate on it. was it because you visited them all to know?:p

Yes! Before Spock died, he whispered to me the secret of folding time.;)