"Everlite" issues

Options
lamplight
lamplight Solar Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Ive had my everlight for a couple of yrs, one had failed leds and was replaced under warranty. the one i bought for my inlaws failed (leds) as well. mine has been working fine as i say for a while but i noticed discolorations in the panel i finally got around to examining up close today . i was expecting some water and being able to ddry it out but this appears to be damage that may have been started by water leak but has become more. check out these pics and let me know if you have any idea what this is.. it almost looks like the dark PV material melted.. i couldnt really do much so i put it back together and left it out. the other 10w panel next to it that was my very first solar panel (and powers the kitchen nightlite with the c12 controller) looks brand new still, so lesson learned: no more cheap little all in ones.

the back of the PV for the everlite is actually open in a couple of spots so i suspect that was the issue, too bad as it works really well, throwing a pretty good light all night long for such a tiny charge source.

ever1.JPG
ever2.JPG
ever3.JPG
ever4.JPG

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: "Everlite" issues

yucch. Sorry about that. How's the output ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• lamplight
    lamplight Solar Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: "Everlite" issues

well it MUST be diminished but i dont know by how much, didnt think to measure that. i think it will be fun to tie in my indoor nightlite system to the outdoors, i have a few 1/3w and 1/2w 12v led fixtures to play with that would replace the everlite.