Strange Situation SW3024E

Options
I currently have the above unit on 763ah Battery system, with Outback MX Solar regulator of 8x125Wp Panels,up until recently everthing was ok, but suddenly the Generator which I use to top up load when necessary start refusing to charge thru the above unit, In fact the situ is as follows

When the generator is disconnected (unplugged) the unit shows the Inverter as working Ok (Yellow LED ON), and the AC2 in Green LEd Flashing, which is strange as there is no connection to it??
When the genny is plugged in and switched on the Unit still has the green light flashing which is ok, but when its switches to Bulk it stays on Bulk for a minute or so, then the genny goes into a virtual stall and the inverter reverts back to the AC2 in flashing mode, the unit cycles like this almost continously,

The genny is 4.5 KW and previously has given us no problems.

There is one other thing that is now happening which i find strange, ( the generator AC out plug(IE the plug from the Genny to the inverter) when removed shows about 160V ac on it between L &N, but |I would have thought this should be zero,

My view is that there is some kind of feed back loop which is taking the inverter output and putting it onto the AC2 hot in??

Anybody experience anything similar , or has an idea as to the issue??

Regards

Mike

Comments

• halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Strange Situation SW3024E

if nothing has changed i would say there is a problem with the inverter it does sound like the inverter is seing its own ac on the input side especialy if you are getting voltage at the wrong end of the genny plug?
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Strange Situation SW3024E

You might have a stuck (or contact welded together) relay.

There are three large relays on the power interface board. One goes to AC1, one to AC2, and one to Inverter output. They should only be engaged when AC meets voltage and frequency criteria. AC1 presence take priority over AC2 if both have acceptable AC inputs.