What would go good with my 12 enphase PV system

Options
gtxkid
gtxkid Solar Expert Posts: 34 ✭✭
Have just installed 12 BP pannels and have 8 to 12 more i might add to it with but would rather put up a small wind generator instead for now.
Already have a nice 30 foot tilt up pole setup. Was thinking about an Air X unit.
Would like to have it on something simple like my enphase inverters.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: What would go good with my 12 enphase PV system

In my limited experience--You are left with the SWEA type wind turbine GT inverter systems... I am not sure they are worth anything (reliability, safety, ability to meet code, actual power output)--but that would be the only thing I can think of at the moment).

SWEA Home Page

Most other wind turbine setups are going to expect to charge a battery bank... You could (legally?) connect a turbine to a Hybrid Inverter System like the Schneider/Xantrx XW system to charge the battery bank (and the XW hybrid inverter does the Grid Tied power conversion)--but that is not cheap or simple.

-Bill "not a recommendation" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • gtxkid
    gtxkid Solar Expert Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Options

Thankyou
    Interesting
  • audredger
    audredger Solar Expert Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Options

I would wait five to ten years for small wind to mature and become reliable.
  • WisJim
    WisJim Solar Expert Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thirty feet isn't high enough to bother with. You need to get the entire rotor of the turbine at least 30' above anything within 500' of the tower. All the short towers and cheap generators are giving wind power a bad name.