water misers

matchstc
matchstc Registered Users Posts: 24
do these things work, do they get clogged like i've heard on the hydrocaps?

just checked some of mine coming off old decrepit batterys (caps 2 years old) and the seem to be coated on the oinsided with black gunk (acid?)

mike

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: water misers

Don't know. I just put a set on last week. No water on the cases at the end of the weekend.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• matchstc

I thought of trying to "clean" them by soaking in distilled water

input?
    mike
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

Can't hurt, maybe a Q tip or old toothbrush to remove crud. Probably good idea to wear safety glasses, gloves and an old shirt.

I found my Hydrocaps lasted about 4.5 years. They have a lifetime limit of amp hours of charging after which the catalyst becomes inactive (wears out?).

Ralph
  • matchstc

That was my thought.

As I understand the WM have no "chemical" action going on just little plastic marbles to catch and condense the mist kinda like a mini stilll.

They're only two years old but been rode hard and put up wet but hopefully they helpa bit

so excited about new batteries my last set were used when I got them and already well used but cheap....real cheap

mike