Has Anyone Ever Purchased A Solar Panel From This Seller on eBay?

Options
Hi all,

I'm just curious if anyone on this forum has purchased any solar panels from this eBay seller here: http://shop.ebay.com/ul-solar/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

I see the seller has great feedback, but most people leave feedback a week to a month after using the item, but with solar panels, you want them to last for 10+ years, so I'm curious if someone here has purchased from this seller in the past and if their solar panel is still holding up?

I know this seller gives a 25 year manufactory warranty, however, as one guy over at SolarPowerForum.net pointed out, this company might not be around in 25 years, so that would be useless.

I'm just trying to do a little research before I purchase a 45-55Watt panel from this seller, and trying to get a decent affordable deal for a "professional" panel, as I can't afford the best of the best panel at the moment, but as long as the panel last at least 10 years or so I'd be satisfied.

Comments

• VanDeusen
    VanDeusen Solar Expert Posts: 129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Has Anyone Ever Purchased A Solar Panel From This Seller on eBay?

I get ALL my panels from UL SOLAR.. Very good, Very fast and very reasonable. You should know that they also sell the mounting brackets as well. In fact I buy the 125's once every 2 weeks.

Never had a damaged panel and so far I bought 4 from them.
  • VanDeusen
    Options

BTW I am bidding on one right now here is the link

<link removed by admin>

However dont outbid me... LOL

FYI: Sometimes if you look thru there auctions you can find some with free shipping. He sometimes sneaks them in there and you have to find it to save the 40 bucks he charges for shipping.

If you want to know if its really me... Just look at the forum link in the begginers for the inverter im selling and you will see that the bidder is the SAME as the name of the company selling the inverter. You also can make him a offer and if its reasonable they do take it.....Happy bidding!
  • solartechtown.com
    solartechtown.com Solar Expert Posts: 29
    Options

GREAT :D

So I see the auction you are bidding on now is from a eBayer named: serpentlion2008

So do you buy from both UL Solar and serpentlion2008?
  • VanDeusen
    Options

they sell ul solar panels and I like the free shipping so since ul solar didnt have free shipping this week on the 125's but there counterpart did I bidded on the free shipping. Basically same people.
  • VanDeusen
    Options

I also should tell you that the 4 panels I already got 3-120's and 1-125 give me on average 31 amps. (according to my controller) so I think they are pretty good since I just have it at a angle on the exterier wall located in the back of my house at a 45 degree angle facing the south.
  • solartechtown.com
    solartechtown.com Solar Expert Posts: 29
    Options
    VanDeusen wrote: »
    they sell ul solar panels and I like the free shipping so since ul solar didnt have free shipping this week on the 125's but there counterpart did I bidded on the free shipping. Basically same people.

Ohh I see. Well cool then, just what I needed to know :)
  • arkieoscar
    arkieoscar Solar Expert Posts: 101 ✭✭
    Options

I bought panels from them last summer and the shipping was fast and they were well packed. Quality panels, too.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I asked some questions about their 24v panels when they originally listed them with out specs. I asked what voltage the panels were, they replied 24 volt, I said for a 24 volt system they would have to be higher than that.

They list specs for their "24 volt" panels now, they are 30 volts, too low for charging a 24 volt system, with out a series and mppt charge controler.

Also their name is UL Solar but they do not say if the panels are UL listed and avoided the question when queried. I do see a UL symbol on the diagram on the current "24V panel" listing.

Not sure their knowledge is very high on the products they sell. I avoided future inquires or association. Just my experience.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.