5000watts

System
System Posts: 2,511 admin
I have a 24V 5000WATT inverter, the name is power inverter it has a built in charger. I have 4 concorde batteries. How many solar panels of suntech 175 watt 24V solar electric Panel do i have to buy, also can this work with my existing inverter.

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: 5000watts

You don't "have" to buy any!

It all depends on use, if your have no loads don't add batteries to your system...

...and with out knowing loads and how they'll be used, this is the best answer I can give.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: 5000watts

We'd really need to know the specifications of the batteries (Volts & "20 hour" Amp/hour rating) to give any sort of answer as to how much panel and what charge controller is needed to recharge them.

A 5000 Watt 24 Volt inverter sounds like a not-top-quality MSW unit.