Help with open loop batteries

Options
addision
addision Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
I am trying to determine if I need fuses between my busbar and the individual batteries. I have two Sol-ark 12k inverters that will go to two busbars.

I previously had a Fortress 18.5kWh battery, and I recently purchased 4 EG4 Powerpro batteries, and I want to use them all. If I do need fuses, would it be better to go with individual fuse holders for each battery, or with something like a Victron Lynx product? 

Comments

• mahendra
    mahendra Solar Expert Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using these separately or mixing them? Ie. both the EG4 and Fortress on the same system?
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like you want to mix battery brands/types. NEVER A GOOD PLAN!!!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Build one inverter with each battery. Follow the install manuals of the inverter and it's battery.

Probably the only sain way to do this safely.

Keep in mind that insurance for the structure would want to see this someday if you are insured.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net