200 amp disconnect switch?

Options
softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭
I need to install a disconnect switch to achieve new service on home I just bought. They require 200 amp service which involved 2 1/2” conduit. 

Is about $500 really the best I’m going to do? Electrical supply houses are just insanely expensive. They charged $250 for 10’ of 2 1/2” conduit. 

First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• SumPower
    SumPower Registered Users Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options
    Don't know where you are located, but the NEC does not require 2 1/2" Galvanized Rigid Conduit (GRC) for a 200 Amp Service.
    Unless it is required by the utility serving the home. I would use 2" GRC that has a current price of $89.00 at the big box store in Escondido, California.

• softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Utility requirement and already done. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries