Xantrex 4024 inverter. I wish to disable the inverter DC over voltage protection relay

Options
BillyB
BillyB Registered Users Posts: 1
I have about 3kw of 72 cell solar panels. Using 2- Xantrex C-60 controllers. Xantrex 4024 Inverter  Recently changed from Lead Acid Deep Cycle Batteries to LiFePO4 Batteries, 300ah. This works fine until the LiFePO4 batteries are fully charged and there is still good sunlight. Then frequently when the C-60 controllers pulse, at the same time their little LEDs blink, battery voltage spikes to 30-35vdc and a relay in the  Xantrex 4024 Inverter clacks. We have reset the inverter in top DC voltage to as high as it goes (33vdc) but the relay still clacks until the sun goes down or more load is introduced to absorb the pulses. I would like to disable the relay until I can get more suitable solar controller.
I am considering trying one of those big capacitors they sell to people with high powered thumping stereos in their cars, maybe.
In the meantime I would like to disable the over voltage relay.
Anybody find the Xantrex 4024 schematic? Anybody know how this relay changes state? (like can I pull a pin or run a jumper)?
Bill, Apple Valley, CA

Comments

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, are you not going into float on the C-60's? The LED should be solid green and Float voltage should be around 27.2 vdc

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gosh it's been 15 years since I delt with C60's, but I think it can be set to be a 2 stage charge controller through DIP switches. I've never done it. Here's a link to the manual;

975-0004-01-02 Rev D.book (unboundsolar.com)

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Photowhit said:
    Gosh it's been 15 years since I delt with C60's, but I think it can be set to be a 2 stage charge controller through DIP switches. I've never done it. Here's a link to the manual;

975-0004-01-02 Rev D.book (unboundsolar.com)

Nope, no dip switches on the C series controllers. The Morningstar controllers have dip switches though.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.