Options
    Happy 4th !
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,457 admin
    Options
    I think I have had the flu for the last few days (still on-going)... Could be COVID, could be just the regular flu. It has been a long time since I had the flu and forgot how much "fun" the flu is. Other than being 65 (when this started), I had no other comorbidities and did not want the shot(s). Eventually, I had to get the shots because was traveling to Asia and that country (at the time) required "Vaxing" and 7 days locked up in an isolation hotel..Not sure, but appears that the Vax gave me myocarditis. Probably would have survived COVID just fine... But now I have potential heart failure on the horizon... Whoopee!

Now, years later, comes the actual reports that the "shot" does almost nothing that was claimed (was not a vaccine, would not give immunity, has various serious side effects). At best, if you were already aged, and/or had other serious health issues, the "shot" could help you survive the infection. And made it "illegal" to try other methods to treat the sick (a pervectly safe drug used by millions to prevent parasite infection Ivermectin, whatever) and were pushing ventilators (which have a pretty high mortality rate for even "healthy" folks). But our "betters" were busy pushing the "shots" onto the entire population which had near zero serious health issues from COVID.

-Bill (ignore me--Still feeling sick).
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry about that Boss.  As Elon would say, "things are getting weird and things are getting weird fast" Good to have a cardiologist at our age!

I got a kick yesterday about the affirmative action ruling.  Even "progressive"  California has voted/outlawed it against it since 1998.

Going to see the Led Zeppelin tribute band at the lake tonight.   Psyched !!  Been a long time since I rock and rolled...

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BB. said:
    I think I have had the flu for the last few days (still on-going)... Could be COVID, could be just the regular flu. It has been a long time since I had the flu and forgot how much "fun" the flu is. Other than being 65 (when this started), I had no other comorbidities and did not want the shot(s). Eventually, I had to get the shots because was traveling to Asia and that country (at the time) required "Vaxing" and 7 days locked up in an isolation hotel..Not sure, but appears that the Vax gave me myocarditis. Probably would have survived COVID just fine... But now I have potential heart failure on the horizon... Whoopee!

Now, years later, comes the actual reports that the "shot" does almost nothing that was claimed (was not a vaccine, would not give immunity, has various serious side effects). At best, if you were already aged, and/or had other serious health issues, the "shot" could help you survive the infection. And made it "illegal" to try other methods to treat the sick (a pervectly safe drug used by millions to prevent parasite infection Ivermectin, whatever) and were pushing ventilators (which have a pretty high mortality rate for even "healthy" folks). But our "betters" were busy pushing the "shots" onto the entire population which had near zero serious health issues from COVID.

-Bill (ignore me--Still feeling sick).

Well, this is not good news.......... Sorry to hear it!  I know far too many people with sudden myocarditis problems after the VAX.

I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave, we anchored the old tub in the lake and watched an airshow. While F-22 and F-18 are exciting, I like the P-51 and B-25 low-level flybys. Today will be tubing on the lake, grilling, and fireworks for the grandkids!  Rock on!!

I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • BB.
    edited July 2023 #7
    Options
    Thank you guys... Had an old COVID test kit--Tried it and it came back positive for COVID. The "gift that keeps on giving".

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    Oh man that really sucks. Hopefully it was wrong as they are prone to fail positive. Not sure who I frown more at. The DoJ and FBI leaders or the "professionals" at CDC.

Take care and be well soon!

• Miller_Ranch
    Miller_Ranch Registered Users Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Options
    As Elon would say, "things are getting weird and things are getting weird fast" 

Can't say anything bad about Elon myself. Not saying you were. I have excellent internet because of him. Not many options off grid. Had HughesNet. Starlink is wonderful. If you are on the fence don't hesitate. Its fast reliable and most of all no data cap.

Will be watching the parade Tuesday in my town of 300 people. Happy 4th  :)
  • BB.
    Options
    Yes, California VOTERS put into the state constitution the ban on race or gender based affirmative action (it was not our state lawmakers)::

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_California_Proposition_16
    Proposition 209 amended the state constitution to prohibit government institutions from considering racesex, or ethnicity, specifically in the areas of public employment, public contracting, and public education.[4] Therefore, Proposition 209 banned the use of race- and gender-based affirmative action in California's public sector.[2][4][5]
    The state legislature and governor did put Prop 16 on the ballot to repeal Prop 209, but the California voters turned that down.

-Bill
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So... I've been on the sidelines, but have the opposite reaction about the vaccine, Lost 2 people to Covid and another friends wife who were unvaccinated. I have had 5 others close to me and 3 family members who had relatively mild cases because they were vaccinated including my 88 year old mother and 78 year old attorney who I play pool with weekly. (sometime very weakly...lol) The vaccine has actually help him clear up his long covid if you believe the experts.  1 expert is my friend, the scientist of her company, who did RNA testing for 3 years working 70-90 hour weeks. 

The US could have done quite a bit more to safeguard our people, the vaccine issues were MUCH milder than Covid (at least the original and Delta Variants) Glad the current variants are much milder. We will be blessed if future variants become milder.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Dave Angelini
    edited July 2023 #12
    Options
    Not sure I see that Photowit but not a big deal. Sorry for your loss.  I have always thought that science is about admitting what we don't know.

There was plenty that we did not know. The US made some really bad policy during both administrations.

• Dave Angelini
    Options
    Happy 4th of July !

!

• solartrout
    solartrout Registered Users Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options
    When did this place become a stronghold for Qanon?
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    Not sure what you mean but probably before your time here on Apr 15, 2023
    Have a Happy 4th

• Miller_Ranch
    Options
    Happy 4th of July !

!

Wow Elon sent you a personal email.  I'm impressed !!

Oh by the way I was able to read this because I have Starlink.

Joe Biden says everyone will have broadband internet. We will see.

They did run land line phone to everyone in Catron County years ago and that was a big conspiracy. No one is complaining about it now. 

My dad got Covid when he was 92, he had all the vaccines and went through it with flue like symptoms and was and is fine. Just saying.

Happy 4th, hope every one checked out the full moon last night.

:) 
  • NANOcontrol
    NANOcontrol Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It is always a full moon on forums.

Solar does attract a certain type.

I almost never take solar advice on forums.  I'm certainly not going to take medical advice.
  • Dave Angelini
    edited July 2023 #18
    Options
    Just folllow Elon Miller_Ranch.  He has to be one of the top 10 engineers of all time.  It was a great full moon in Northern Nevada. We were out in the desert at a lake watching the stars and starlinks go by.

• Miller_Ranch
    Options
    Oh I follow Elon, I pay him every month for internet. And I am glad to do it. Anyone that has had Hughesnet knows what I am talking about. 

Cool you could see the satellites, I thought they were supposed to have some kind of Sun Visor.

Sounds like being on the lake was nice.  I still remember being on my new property and planning solar. I had a location in mind but wasn't quite sure having only been there a couple months. I am at the north face of Higgins mountain. I was thinking will the sun even be visible in the winter?
    Long story short, Summer solstice, comfy chair, cooler with my favorite beverage, and there it was in all its glory, the full moon.

12 years later i am my own electric company and loving it.