need help with an xw4548

Options
t00ls
t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
haven't been here for a while

I have an XW4548 that the main logic board went bad...the amp sensor started making the inverter think it had an F63 fault. I could wiggle the sensor and it would start inverting again.
but
I tried to repair it with another coil and now it doesnt work at all

do you know where I could get one or does anyone know of someone that can fix this one

part #
200 - 0184 - 01 - 01 rev g
110 -0184 - m

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    I have a list (getting old) of inverter repair facilities...

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/comment/241766#Comment_241766

If anyone has more/others, please feel free to post here and I will add them to and/or update the FAQ.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are sellers on eBay who sell this type of stuff.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Options

not trying to rude or an ass...dont you think I looked there first....they dont make the xw4548 anymore and anyone who kept PCBs didnt keep the main logic board

the current meter coil went bad on mine...like the solder connections werent connected

I have a guy that might be able to fix it, but he usually does TVs and such...didnt even know what I had...just told him what needed fixed

doing a google search for the specific part # got no results...I want to try and contact robin at midnite...he was the enigineer that worked on these when they first came out...I bought this one in 2008

I have a few more places to try...but havent come up on one yet
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    t00ls said:

not trying to rude or an ass...dont you think I looked there first....they dont make the xw4548 anymore and anyone who kept PCBs didnt keep the main logic board

the current meter coil went bad on mine...like the solder connections werent connected

I have a guy that might be able to fix it, but he usually does TVs and such...didnt even know what I had...just told him what needed fixed

doing a google search for the specific part # got no results...I want to try and contact robin at midnite...he was the enigineer that worked on these when they first came out...I bought this one in 2008

I have a few more places to try...but havent come up on one yet
    Not going to assume what you did or didn't do first. Many people benefit from these conversations on the forum and maybe others who didn't know this will learn something. 

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.