Grid tie export problems

Hi. I have a system with XW pro. It has a 6.8 KW PV array, two MPPT60, Battery monitor, 400amp/hr battery bank and a SCP. I have a problem selling power to grid. The system basically does not export to the grid. some they nothing and some days 4-5 KW. but if I off the grid breaker and let it off grid it will generate up to over 20 kw. I dont know why it basically does not sell to the grid.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    If you can download the settings for the XW and MPPT charge controller to the forum--That will help people diagnose the issue(s).

Typically (from what I have read here--I have zero experience with XW / high end systems)--it is some sort of "conflicting" settings (battery charging voltage, grid sell values, etc.) that cause a large number of these issues. That information will help others help you.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • CarlosLGlezVargas
    CarlosLGlezVargas Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Ok let me try downloads settings. I really dont know how.
    thanks Bill
  • BB.
    You can cut and paste text, or use the box above the edit window (box, sun? upper left, ground and mountain lower part)... You can load most photographs and such that way too. For example:

So, if you have to load a photograph of your data dump--You can do that too.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • CarlosLGlezVargas
  • CarlosLGlezVargas
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You should change your screen background color. This is fine for a phone but super hard to see on a display.  

Bill, is there a fix?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• CarlosLGlezVargas
  • BB.
    Hi Dave,

Nothing I can do... These are .png files and none of the forum settings will change the text or background colors in these screen shots.

All I can do is turn down my computer's screen brightness--If the white is too "blinding".

Otherwise, may need a PNG editor for your computer (windows, mac, Chromebook, etc.).

On my phone, I have Firefox set to dark mode--And that changes background to black, and the text to various shades of white.

-Bill

• Dave Angelini
    This is better but still hard to read values. I looked at the easy ones and you are close. You definitely want gen support Off ! That is not your problem but it is for an advanced user of gensets. My screen below is not much better.

Maybe Bill can advise?

I could take you on as a client but I do bill for that.

Who installed this and how old is it?  Firmware on all devices must be good. You are legal to sell right?  In the PR ?

• Dave Angelini
    edited November 2022 #11
    XW1678777MASTER XW6848Pro    865-6848-21   firmware v1.11.00
     build49

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can edit them if you like, did you get what you needed?

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Photowhit
    So a little ugly, but perhaps more readable;

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Photowhit

• Photowhit

• Dave Angelini
    Nice Photowhit,

You added the secret sauce. Some kind of Photoshop secret? Let us see if Carlos comes back and fills in the questions I had.

BTW, when I monitor/adjust these on Insight Cloud,  it is full resolution and I guess the website here lowers it to save bandwidth?

• Photowhit
    It would have been easier in my old Photoshop 6, but it's 15 years out of date. I don't know how to do a hot folder or a group action in GIMP... But it's straight forward.

You are very gracious with your time/expertise, I thought I might help. Hope Carlos follows up! I might learn something!
  • CarlosLGlezVargas
    Greetings. What do they really need? I have no experience in forums like this. Is it that they cannot see the data on the print screen well? I take them directly from the insight cloud.
    Thank you