Can someone recommend a Solar Installer Company in Missouri ?

Options
DMJ72
DMJ72 Solar Expert Posts: 131 ✭✭
Hi Folks, not sure if this is the right forum section...

But a friend of mine who lives in MO, is looking to get a Grid-Tie with some battery backup. Does anyone here have a recommended company she and her husband could contact?

They are thinking of this company:

https://ussunsolar.com/

Pink Energy (now backrupt) was contacted before but is of no help to them now as they went backrupt before any paperwork was signed etc.

Kind regards,
David

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 #2
    Options
    I have a friend who does excellent quality installs. Not necessarily the cheapest, but high quality and reasonable. He was seriously lower on a friend install, over 20%.

On number of installs in the state he was very high on the top 10 and one of the only instate owned on the list.

He works out of Columbia but has done installs quite aways around the state and I think even Illinois. He asked me if I knew a master electrician in Illinois about 6 years ago.
    Does a lot of problem areas, has the equipment to do ground mounts as a routine install.

Ches Heitmeyer

Solar Sam : Residential, Agricultural & Commercial Solar Panel Installers
    (I got to talk to him about his cheesy web site)

Their Facebook page;

Solar Sam | Facebook

Even a youtube channel with a few installs;

(1) Solar Sam - YouTube

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    You might also ask them about their loads and help with conservation (almost always cheaper to conserve vs generate power), and how would they divide the loads from Mains vs Battery Backup (i.e., electric drier on mains, the kitchen & bedroom & shop/garage lights on battery backup, charging cell phone/laptop computer...

Also what is their monthly kWatt*Hours usage... If they have the basics before a solar sales person gets a hold of them, having a bit of knowledge will go a long way in getting a system that will meet their needs.

Also ask about their site... My next door neighbor's house had lots of trees to the south and west of the home--Lots of shading even in summer. The solar company did not even mention that was an issue until I spoke with my neighbor and he asked them--And they said--Yea, that could be an issue--And they never bother to call him back.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look for the one that has been in business the longest also. 
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net