SMA SWR 2500U -- EEPROM Error Fault

bnes`
bnes` Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭
Does anyone have a circuit diagram for the Sunny Boy SMA SWR 2500U ? Or a labeled interior photo?
I'd like to locate the EEPROM. 

This is likely related to error from the manual "F-EEPROM dBh   :   EEPROM cannot be read or written on".
 I know where the EPROM is, that's different.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Do you have the ability to reprogram your system?

It may re-write the EEPROM with "good data".

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • bnes`
    Rewrite with "good data"?
    Do you have instructions?
    I don't have anything beyond the unit itself, disassembled.

SMA says
    https://service-sma.force.com/customer/s/article/Message-EEPROM?language=en_US
    <div><b>Description</b></div><div>The message is caused by a transmission error during the reading or writing of data from the EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory).</div><div><b>Corrective Measure</b><br></div><div>If the message occurs sporadically, it is an internal data backup routine and has no impact on the performance and data of the inverter.</div><div>However, if the message occurs permanently, please contact your installer for further investigation and refer to this article.</div>

The EEPROM appears to be a separate part, an 24C04 from Atmel.  This is surface mount, and older technology so relatively easy to change:

The main board is SMA part number 40-46056, with service manual SMA SB2500U-11:EE2001 for the SMA 2500U series and beyond.  The software however appears long discontinued Windows based EXE stuff.

Does anyone have experience with a "hard reset" procedure that may clear the EEPROM,
    or experience soldering in a blank Atmel 24C04N on these models?
  • bnes`
    I replaced the Atmel 24C04 part.  There is no change in behavior.

The old windows based programming tools looked too daunting to try, especially without a clear EEPROM reset procedure.