Can I connect my Combox throught the daisychain with the InsightHome to my system

Options
Solar_DroneCZ4567
Solar_DroneCZ4567 Registered Users Posts: 4
I change my Combox for an new InsightHome. For me the winner is the fact that I can connect with my mobile and eliminate the  need of portforwarding. However the graphs produced by the Combox are far superior. If I would be able to go into the Combox ((IP Adress)from wifi Router/port with my desktop and get a good look at the graphs it would be so great. I am not sure if this is possible?Or pitfalls to be encounter?

I found this on the web.

Thanks.

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That too, is a beef I have about the Insight gateway, the graphs are great for desk jockeys in an office building where they mean nothing, but the combox had better data display.   Sadly, the combox won't recognize many of the newer Conext devices, and you may not get a lot of data from it.
      And I could always download the daily .CSV files and have an excel script turn them into graphs......  but that's a lot of bother.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Solar_DroneCZ4567
    Options
    Thanks for your comment. I am on pension so time make me patient. The big problem here is that installers and Schneider are not prepared to let me attend their classes, even if I am prepared to pay. I got a new InsightHome and Batterymonitor installed. The attached picture coming from the dashboard the battery info is mostly incomplete. No Power or Backup Time missing. Maybe others experienced the same systems. Thanks for any help, it will be appreciated.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 #4
    Options

Above is from the mobile app on a closed loop power system. 

You should be able to get what training you want from the Schneider you-tube channel.    https://www.youtube.com/c/SESolar

The main reason you do not want combox and gateway on the same network is that it could cause "non specified behavior"  I did try it  back in 2018 when we were beta testing the gateway here for offgrid. It mostly worked but the issue of having the system shut down when I was away was a very real concern offgrid. I would not do this offgrid !

The work around is to use Insight facility which had 2 xanbus networks. The Inverter and chargers and gateway can be on one and the 2nd network could be for combox. Firmware changes could cause this to not be true because Combox is Obsolete and not supported or tested for reliability. It use to work for me years back.

I do not miss Combox. It had a huge number of failures,  it was not secure,  and as you said it had to be port forwarded to get out to the internet.

Your screenshot is from the mobile app?  Is the data correct on Insight Local ? If it is not correct on local,  you have something else wrong.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Solar_DroneCZ4567
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. The screenshot  was taken from the mobile app. Since the insightHome installation and connection to my  mobile with the telephone network the battery info for "Backup Time" and Power showed only ,zero or should I say N/A. The other items Iike SOC, voltage varies.  I will try to get into the Insight to look for what will show there
  • Solar_DroneCZ4567
    Options
    I have been watching  most of the data flowing on the InsightHomeMobile app on my phone with a hawkish eye. Last night all seemed to be business as usual. However this morning the apps dashboard was not "flowing" or holding data. 
    I went into my InsightCloud and
  • Batts
    Batts Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options
    I had to change my Username from Solar Drone when I confused some names and passwords. SO now my username is Batts. At long last!!!

With my InsightHome I found some funnies that I hope to solve. I cut the mains supply and PV and let all home power supplied from the 4 12v batteries (200x4 AH for my 24 volt system. After 2 hours SOC was about72%. What I observed is that the Time Remaining on both BATMMON and SCP not synchronized manner are running up and down by a couple  of hours difference.. I am trying to include the video clip. After a couple of hours it stabled again.