Freezers are not as big as you think.

Options
softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭
Found a smoking deal on 574 quality pot pies. Would have bought more but I wanted to leave some boxes until the had a chance to restock. Good thing they did not stock more as it turned out.

Guess what. 574 pot pies do not fit in a big 14 cu. ft. freezer. Not even close. Fortunately I had an unused 6.5 cu. ft. freezer from my covid over reaction days. Filled that to the brim as well. Had to jam pack the other freezers and fire up a storage freezer for the bread. It is cold in the garage and I hope an ~ 8-2 freezing cycle will keep it cold enough. I'll open up a couple more intermittent night cycles after everything has cycled for a day.

Good thing I don't need perfect food. Raisin cinnamon bread doesn't seem quite as nice after it has been frozen stored.
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would not occur to me to buy 574 pot pies :o  I hope that you really like them a lot! What kind are they and how good of deal was it?
    Marc
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • softdown
    Options
    Marie Callendar. Good pies have crust all the way around like these. Chicken and peas. Smokin' deal - unbelievable considering all the shortages and inflation. Only .89/each. But firing up 2 1/2 freezers definitely uses significant energy!

I say 2 1/2 because one just cycles though three 1/2 hour on cycles after the main 8-2 freeze cycle. I figure that will keep the raisin bread ok.

I figure there is a pretty good chance of very significant problems the following year. Mostly due to government mandates. The biggest threat facing mankind is bureaucratic overreach according to many thinkers.

I keep restraining myself from posting about the real covid agenda here. It is important. You may be interested: https://www.amazon.com/Real-Anthony-Fauci-Pharma-Democracy/dp/B09LVYYTJJ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fauci+kennedy&qid=1638213481&sr=8-1

I'm half way through the 27 hour audio, skipping most of the HIV material after listening to the AIDS material. Fauci has been in control of America's health since 1984. How has that worked out for us? Now dead last in the developed countries.

First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • softdown
    Options
    I think the Costco Business Centers (not many of those) have the promo until Dec. 5th.