smart inverter

Options
makif
makif Registered Users Posts: 2
hi everyone, i have a voltronic vm ııı 5k inverter.i want to charge my batteries with this inverter. in winter sun is inefficient and we need to charge my batteries with generator.but frequencies is changing a lot (48hz to 52hz) so inverter doesnt charge. how can i fix this problem? thanks a lot.
Tagged:

Comments

• wellbuilt
    wellbuilt Solar Expert Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you you could try to add a load to the generator , a few 100watts mite stabilize the out put so the charger can lock on.
     I had a problem with my champion 5000watt unit 
     I would let it warm up good then plug in a 200watt bulb and start the charger 
     my out back as a adjustability in the out put range your could be the same
    Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you can also widen the acceptance range for the Generator Fq  & Voltage in the charger/inverter settings

Note that many modern generators ( alternators and inverter generators ) have really poor PF (power factor) and their waveform can become so distorted, the generator cannot be qualified
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• makif
    makif Registered Users Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks for your advise mike but inverter's input voltage range is about 90VAC-280VAC way bigger than output of the generator. There are two options of fq . you can choose either 50 hz or 60 hz.

And thanks for your advise too wellbuilt. i have tried it either.but it didnt work. i think reason of this may be software. i will update the software. i ll write it if i make it.

take care.
  • wellbuilt
    wellbuilt Solar Expert Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you could borrow a Honda or rent one to try 
     you would know if the generator is the problem 
     this would be a easy first step in trouble shooting . 

Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .