Unable to locate the 220vac output on a schneider electric inverter transformer

Options
Fabian
Fabian Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭
I have a Schneider Electric 865-2524 Conext SW 3,000 Watts, 24VDC Inverter/Charger for Split-phase 120/240 VAC.

The motherboard got damage so i decided to buy a aftermarket pure sinewave motherboard to connect to the transformer so that i can get it to work. I bought several of these aftermarket boards in the past and connect them to several power jack inverter transformers and they work quite fine but unfortunately i can't get it to work with the schneider electric inverter transformer.

The thing is that the power jack inverter transformers some have 2 wires on the secondary that gives you the 2 hot legs 120vac  and 120vac which gives u 240v in all and some comes with 3 wires on the secondary so that gives you 120v/240v split phase and the aftermarket motherboards work fine with anyone of these type transformers but with the schneider electric that is not the case. The secondary stage on it  comes with 4 wires on the output stage.(red, black,white and blue).

The problem that i am facing is that when i connect the aftermarket board to the schneider transformer i can't seem to find the 220vac output wire(s) on the transformer to connect to the feedback(220v) port on the aftermarket board. This connection is crucial to the board's operation because that is what the board uses to regulate the output so If you don't connect this part the board won't work. What happen is that the board will try to start up and then goes blank because that part is not connected.
I have tried several combinations by mixing the 4 output wires trying different combinations but still can't get a reading of 220vac on the output.

what i get is like 2 set of wires will give me about 35vac or somewhere in the range and  a next set will give me like 160vac give and take but i just can't seem to locate the 220vac on the output so i can run back that to the feedback port on the board.

Below is the pictures of the aftermarket board and how to connect it to a transformer and a video link for how inside  my scheider electric inverter looks.

Can someone please tell me how to wire the schneider transformer so when i connect the board to it i can get the 220vac on the ouptut please?
tell me  which wires to use or cross or mix or whatever combinations or connections i should do so i can get a reading of 220vac on it please.

The aftermarket board i am using is a 24v 4000watt 120/240vac pure sinewave inverter board so it is suited for the schneider transformer that i have is just how to get it to work i just don't know.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 #2
    Options
    Sounds like two 120vac windings on secondary.  This would allow 120vac with twice the current or 240vac.

Always good idea to take some closeup picts before you disconnect things.

Just have to get the wiring polarity correct and connect the two secondary winding in series.  You can drive primary side winding with a small 24 vac transformer. Measure two secondary windings so you know which wires go to each secondary winding.  Pick one wire from each secondary winding and connect them together.

With 24 vac applied to primary the two open secondary winding have either near zero or near 240vac.  If near zero you picked wrong wire on one of windings for stacking to 240v.  Swap  with other wire from that winding and should get near 240v across the two open secondary windings.

You not only have to get the wiring correct for 240v but the AC phase of the 240vac pair has to be correct or the inverter will drive ACin phase lock for inverter drive in the wrong direction.