Midnite Solar DYI

Options
Saggys
Saggys Solar Expert Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
I was shocked to see that Midnite Solar is selling  DYI line of inverters and a charge controller that is made in China. I am kind of interested in the inverters since they will be backed by MS support and warranty. I thought MS was designing their own affordable US made inverters?

Comments

• Saggys
    Options
    Sorry, should be DIY line.
  • Saggys
    Options
    Been doing a little research and it seems MS might be using the same Chinese manufacturer as the inverters with the Renogy brand. I have an email in with MS to see if they have an e-panel code compliant set up for them yet.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Perhaps you search here was hampered by the DYI vs DIY. There has been a discussion including input from boB (one of the Owner/Engineers at Midnite)

MidNite Solar DIY Series — northernarizona-windandsun (solar-electric.com)

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Saggys
    Options
    Thanks Photowhit!