MT Solar top of pole lifting bracket- Anybody have the specs (dimensions) on them?

showme
showme Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭
I'm ordering MT Solar's top of pole solar array due to the ability to build the rack at waist level and then chain fall it up to the top. There's a lifting bracket that fits into the top of the pole to hang the hoist from. I'm a welder and have a lot of steel plate and square tube laying around, and it looks like a simple fabrication. I'd like to save the $70 + shipping and just build one myself. They're pretty much unneeded once the rack is fastened up top. If anyone has one or has the dimensions/tube sizes, I'd like to have them. The circular plates that sit in and on the top are known, and the lug is easy enough. I'm just curious as to what size and thickness the square tubing sizes are. Thanks for any help on this.  

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."   Goethe

2006 Trace Xantrex power panel, (3) SW5548 inverters- 2 NOS Trace's (1999) and 1 Trace/Xantrex 2006 for back up (came with power panel. et al), Xantrex DC/disconnect, Xantrex AC disconnect/bypass, (3) C40 PWM charge controllers- 2 NOS, one used. (8)Evergreen  Solar 120w (960w),  8k LG Neon 2, (25) 320w, Bergey XL.1 1.5k genny, Air X 400 genny (came with used system), 48v Interstate Workman batts (now frozen/toast), (2) Montana Solar adjustable Top of Pole 12 array racks, (2) Midnite Solar MSPV 4 combiner boxes, (2) Midnite Solar Classic 150's (one an SL), SOK LiFePo stack of 500ah and one nice Ozark hilltop to set them all on.

Comments

• showme
    showme Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭
    FWIW, I ended up fabricating one of these out of 2x2 square tube and an old 1/2" thick picking eye I had laying around. Bought a 4' piece of square tube (I have 5 different sizes in my steel pile, but not 2x2 heavy wall), and welded the eye about 2' above the top of pole elevation (the insert it goes into is 8" deep. And I found out they raised the price to $99, so I'm pretty happy this worked. I think the tube was about $25.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."   Goethe

2006 Trace Xantrex power panel, (3) SW5548 inverters- 2 NOS Trace's (1999) and 1 Trace/Xantrex 2006 for back up (came with power panel. et al), Xantrex DC/disconnect, Xantrex AC disconnect/bypass, (3) C40 PWM charge controllers- 2 NOS, one used. (8)Evergreen  Solar 120w (960w),  8k LG Neon 2, (25) 320w, Bergey XL.1 1.5k genny, Air X 400 genny (came with used system), 48v Interstate Workman batts (now frozen/toast), (2) Montana Solar adjustable Top of Pole 12 array racks, (2) Midnite Solar MSPV 4 combiner boxes, (2) Midnite Solar Classic 150's (one an SL), SOK LiFePo stack of 500ah and one nice Ozark hilltop to set them all on.