sw4048 stacked

awg
awg Registered Users Posts: 2
I was running 2 sw4048 stacked inverters for 2 years here in Mexico. Yesterday the master shut down (build 2016), is blowing the DC breaker: Error: "Master lost"
My conext system panel does not let me in (anymore?) the advanced setting for the slave. I need to reset the slave to run on its own.
Does that mean also a bad system panel?
So my question is:
1.) how to I reset the slave? I can totally separate electrically the 2 units.
2.) Who repairs those units and/or supplies parts?

thanks for any advice,
Axel

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020 #2
    The first thing I would do is remove the failed unit completely to eliminate the possibility it has influence over the entire system.
    Don't forget the Xanbus end of line device if applicable, when the slave is powered up again press the EXIT key on the SCP, then press ENTER, this should bring up the select device menu, then select the SW 4048, there will only be one as the master is not active.  Go to advanced settings and select restore defaults, Note. All current settings will be lost and the unit will require reprogramming.

No suggestion on repair or parts other than a quick search https://inverterservicecenter.com/Shop-By-Category/Inverters/Inverter-Repair-Parts/Schneider-Repair-Parts#intro 

1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • awg
    awg Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks mcgivor for your advice.
    It would not go into advanced. But it always pays to read the instructions again, I was only pressing the up/down buttons, not together with the enter button.
    So now the slave is working as a master on its own and I am going to replace the bad unit. Then I will attempt to fix the bad one and I will have a spare.

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Was going to mention the enter, up, down sequence to enter advanced settings but thought you already knew that and if not would prompt you to read the manual. Thankfully you referred to the manual and are now back in business, it appears the SW 4048 is on the discontinued list  as of the first quarter of 2020, it may be prudent to get a replacement whilst remaining  stocks last. Best of luck.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    CSW 4048 is not on discontinued product list BTW.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net