MT50 connecting.....

Options
seasonsx5
seasonsx5 Registered Users Posts: 1
Has anyone experience of the MT50 solar remote meter?

We have one connected to the solar charge controller. That seems to be ok - ie the green lights say it is charging, and I believe it probably is. 

However the MT50 has been saying "connecting...." for a few days now. I've unplugged it from the controller and plugged it back in again, but just get the same.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,445 admin
    Options
    What brand mt50 and solar charge controller?

I have read here that the mt50 needs to be the same brand as the charger controller because of custom software differences...

Just guessing.

And use a volt meter to check if the batteries are at the charging voltage you expected (i.e., 14.75 volts for 2-6 hours for flooded cell lead acid batteries at 25C/75F).

Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thinking it may be the few year old meter for the Renogy MPPT. I have it and use it but have not seen the same problem. It tells me:
    Incoming voltage and amps
    Battery voltage and state of charge
    It supposedly does more, I have not messed with it too much. I do look at it daily, it is convenient. 

My forklift battery is not nearly as bad as thought - now that charging amps have doubled from ~ 10 amps to 20 amps.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • New_Mexico_Will
    New_Mexico_Will Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm using Epever charge controllers, and you can't have the MT50 display properly if you're using the other rs485 port for something, according to the owners manual.  I'm not sure what charge controller you are using, but maybe that helps.