Determination of quality of prismatic cells?

Options
softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭
It is so easy with the ubiquitous 18650 cylindrical cells. The best cells are primarily made by Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic, I forget the other good name. Each variant has widely available and accurate specifications. Then we have a number of also rans that make super cheap cells with grossly inflated numbers. The cheap cells are poor performers from day one. Their longevity is even worse due to inferior cathode materials that degrade quickly.

Machines make the cells so the only way to save real money is to use inferior materials. 

What about prismatic cells? I never hear the names of the manufactures. I suspect there are not very many when compared to the 18650 (18mm x 65mm). 

Then we have pouch cells which offer greater savings to the lack of a wall. But they are inherently much riskier to work with. So we can skip pouch cells at this time. 
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries