Solar charge controller settings 24 volt lead acid system

newjos
newjos Registered Users Posts: 2
I can't find these settings for my charge controller for a 24 volt lead acid system. 
1) "low volt disconnect" or "load off" 
2) "load on" power back on to the system
I have the PV OFF set to 28.8v. 
HELP...thanks

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some won't have a load connection, many others will be 'pre-set'. If you post a model number we might be able to help you  find a manual.  

FWIW - don't hook up an inverter to the 'load' connection.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • newjos
    newjos Registered Users Posts: 2
    Sorry, there is no inverter. Batteries and 20 amp solar panel to charge controller. Charge controller to gate operator "load" The system works on a fully charged battery, but after it depletes it will not charge back up. I have to remove the batteries and manually charge them.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is the solar panel in spot where it can get direct sun?
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.