48 to 48 efficiency

dmadone78
dmadone78 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello everyone,

im currently designing an off grid ev charging station and would like some possible insight and expertise as far as most efficient charging methodology . The system will consist of 1200 watts solar to a 48 volt mppt charge controller and then to my 200ah lithium ion batterie bank.  From there I need to charge 2  48 volt 14 amp hour lithium ion batteries individually. Can I connect them both directly to the load on the charge controller or do I need to run from the charge controller load through a dc to dc converter first.   Id like to charge each batterie at a 2 amp rate , 
          Thanks,  appreciate any input

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You would need to limit the current to the smaller batteries because although a 14Ah battery is likely capable  of accepting 14A, or1C, the array may/will subject them to overcurrent, they will accept far more than what is safe, so be careful. 
    What chemistry are you dealing with? Do they have a BMS attached? 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.