I had to switch to conext gateway for xw pro ... but missing combox modbus monitoring

2»

Comments

• shawnj72shawnj72 Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Dave, I myself do not use insight as I just VPN into my router and Use the web interface.  I believe there are already too many outside entities inside my home ..:-) , but I have noticed sometimes when making a change on the web interface through the gateway it doesn't change the setting on the inverter.. it has happened a few times now and just marked it up as a bug or glitch. Or maybe I was doing something wrong or it wasn't allowed for some unknown reason. .. 
  • fredkfredk Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭
    I had a similar thing happen to me early on in trying to use insight2... making changes on the insight2 web interface were not reflected accurately in the inverter.. I wrote it off as either as a browser incompatibility or a bug... but either way could not afford to trust it after that and like Shawn I have a vpn into my gateway so rely on the web interface on the gateway... insight2 was fine for monitoring but not for configuration.  Configuration directly from the gateway has been fairly consistent for me. 

offgrid workshop-- XW6848 Pro, 3.4KW (10x340W Sunpower ) Schneider MPPT 60-150, 20KWH 58V leaf lithium

• Dave AngeliniDave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insight2 is always being updated in the cloud.
     If you would try it again on your inverters and list the exact setting that did not update, I will forward it.
     I did 2 sites last month and the offgrid setting changes worked fine and it was very fast reacting.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Mountains near Mariposa/Yosemite CA
     http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
    E-mail [email protected]

• rfardonkrfardonk Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I was able to develop a complete new HMI app to access through Modbus/TCP: 1-Gateway, 2-XW+, 3-MPPTs 80-600, 1-BattMon, 1-AGS through Port 503.  However, this is my situation.  To access the Gateway's web interface either you go through HTTPS or you specify Port 443.  This works Locally and Remote with Port Forwarding (GSM).

If i engage my Gateway as my ModbusTCP Master (Address 1 Port 503) it works perfectly as long as im in my LAN.
    It just won't work if im Remote accessing through a DomainName or Fixed IP and doing Port Forwarding to Port 503.

Is there any restriction on the Gateway to allow only connections to por 503 from Local LAN ???
    The only other alternative is doing VPN to the site and im seen has local on the LAN and works perfectly.
    So then again,  it seems as a restriction imposed on port 503 on the Gateway.

I will try doing it to a Combox Port 502 Modbus 201 .... Remotely of course.

When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth....

• Dave AngeliniDave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it works on combox, the Gateway has a much higher level of security because of the cloud app insight2. I would ask Schneider. Here is a link that they have been checking daily for ideas. They might bypass product support and get you to a much better and quicker answer.

https://solar.schneider-electric.com/feedback/

Insight 2 is working really well for at least 3 months now. Recent firmware 1.06 on gateway is pretty quick thru a cell modem a client has. He loves it. Much better at minimizing data use on a paid network. The digital and analog switching on gateway is getting close I heard.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Mountains near Mariposa/Yosemite CA
     http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
    E-mail [email protected]

• fredkfredk Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭
    sounds like an interesting hmi... I don't think you mentioned what kind of router you are coming in on... if your router supports it... you would need to turn on 'masquerading' to make your remote connections look like the local lan interface... to make your access seamless..
    I use a much simpler approach... I convert all my modbus montitoring on the local lan to mqtt and forward it to a cloud service... which then gives me monitoring access via numerous generic apps on phone or browser... or command line... from anywhere
    I only do monitoring like this... if I need to do control, I vpn in (I use a local raspberry pi to be the local modbus and vpn and mqtt hub) and then access the usual web interfaces looking like a local... not elegant but it is getting  the job done.. I do think insight2 is good solution for control of Schneider equipment... but in my case I have many other devices (home rolled) that don't fit under their umbrella and I would like a more complete overview than what Schneider offers with insight2

offgrid workshop-- XW6848 Pro, 3.4KW (10x340W Sunpower ) Schneider MPPT 60-150, 20KWH 58V leaf lithium