Couple truck wires burned

Options
The truck used to have an antennae on the roof from use as a government public utility vehicle.  It was removed in 2010 before my purchase. Recently dabbed more caulk in the hole to help seal it. Then the cable and power supply melted when I was away. 

I'm thinking my caulk must somehow conduct electricity. Only the antennae cable and power supply melted. Did some damage but I think it could have been far worse. 

Right now these items are broke:
2006 F-150 - brakes leak fluid - has to be trailered
2002 2500 - melted wire and bad headlight. Waiting for gear guy to return and install locker and posi. Last locker was wrong size due to error on Amazon's web site. Cost me $400 and 1/2 day of driving and waiting.
1997 Wrangler - dies after ~ hour. Waiting for Walbro Bundy fitting to check fuel pressure.
2005 Caravan - lost anti-freeze and overheated. Walked home and trailered back. Intermittent problem - seem to be related to A/C usage.
2012 Truck camper - electric jack quit working and loses battery quickly. Had 8 volts after three weeks of sitting. 
Biggest client - main pump failed along with two light fixtures on one of the two aquariums. As football season starts. Amazon takes a full week(!!!) before shipping replacement pump. 
Auxiliary solar system - battery not getting charged by system. 
Weekend nights - dogs bark a great deal at stuff going on between midnight and 5am in extremely remote location. Got up at 3:30 to investigate and heard vehicle drive off.
"Conspiracy theorist" - now eligible for FBI's vaunted "terrorist list" due to their newest protection scheme for the Rothschilds/Soros etc. 
Tenant - toilet has been repaired twice in three days now. Separate problems. I didn't know how many ways toilets can "break". 
Other tenant - ex-husband told tenant  he paid for July via bank wire. He did not. 

Things are just a little more challenging than usual right now. 

First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bah. Sometimes less is more!  Step back, take one problem at a time. Simplify.  Things get less challenging that way.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter