Power Distribution Jumpers

fordmxracer
fordmxracer Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2
I just purchased two XW+ inverters and the distribution panel to match. In the wiring diagram is shows how to add more breakers than what comes preinstalled including the power distribution jumper busbars. The problem is I need more of the jumpers than what comes with the box BUT I can not find them to save my life. Can someone please point me in the direction of a site I can purchase these from? I really don't want to use wire jumpers to supply a series of DIN rail 60a breakers....

Comments

• Tecnodave
    Tecnodave Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    MidNite does sell their din rail jumpers as a separate product, these are the same as seen in the MNPV-6 combiners and other MidNite boxes. They probably will not be an in stock anywhere but solar-electric can get them for you, they are on the MidNite web page where you will need to get the part number.
    2 Classic 150, 2 Kid, 5 arrays 7.5 kw total  2ea.  2S6P Sharp NE-170/NE-165, 1ea. 12P Sanyo HIT 200,  2ea. 4/6P Sanyo HIT 200, MagnaSine MS4024AE, Exeltech XP-1100,  2 Banks L-16 battery, Rolls-Surette S-530 and Interstate Traction, Shunts with whizbangJr and Bogart Tri-Metric, iCharger i208B  dc-dc buck/boost converter with BMS for small form lithium 8S 16650 or LiFePO4,
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019 #3
    They are readily available here;     They seem to carry every different variation of these
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/MidNite-Solar-MNPV6-BREAKER-BB-Copper-Busbar-120A/263486287898

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Comb connectors, nice, wish I could find them locally, shipping cost to Thailand is $38, double the price of the item :'(
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I just purchased two XW+ inverters and the distribution panel to match. In the wiring diagram is shows how to add more breakers than what comes preinstalled including the power distribution jumper busbars. The problem is I need more of the jumpers than what comes with the box BUT I can not find them to save my life. Can someone please point me in the direction of a site I can purchase these from? I really don't want to use wire jumpers to supply a series of DIN rail 60a breakers....
    Did you order? I believe it is in there, check it though!
    RNW865102002XW+ Connection Kit is needed for each additional inverter, includes DC breaker and conduit box, add AC breaker kit
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• fordmxracer
    fordmxracer Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2
    Guys, those lugs are for single pole midnite breakers (ie: thinner than something like a Square D). I need the double pole style that allows you to bridge one pole of consecutive 2 pole square D style AC breakers.

That connection kit cost $660 off of this site yet the breaker if purchased alone is $100 and the box is just shy of $100. Is a few short cables worth $460? That is a crazy price. 

I have found some alternatives to connect 2 2 pole breakers with wire lugs but if I want to connect 3 2 pole breakers, it looks like I would need the 3 2 pole 60a breaker kit from Schneider ($140). What is crazy is that you can buy 3 2 pole 60a square D breakers for $30 each. That makes the bridge lugs cost about $50. On another note, I did find square D assembled jumper bars and square D terminal jumpers off of eBay for way cheaper except they only combine pole slots without a wire lug attached ( I guess I can just shove a wire in the breaker also if I need to.
  • Tecnodave
    Tecnodave Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    Fordmxracer,

Do be aware that the common Square D QO. breaker is buss connected and the Schnieder solar gear used the QOU din rail breaker......they are not the same, they are not interchangeable......I'm pretty sure that the solar only uses the QOU breaker.......QO breakers are available in 4 flavors....the standard QO which is a plug on buss used in Square D home and small commercial panels..........the QOB bolt on buss breaker used in NQOD commercial panels ....the QOCH used on Cutler Hammer CH line plug on buss panels and the QOU din rail line in line out breaker which can be din rail mounted  or. panel mounted. Do be sure which variant you are looking at....at $30 for a double pole its probably a standard QO plug on buss breaker and there is no safe way to use that in a line in line out configuration.
    2 Classic 150, 2 Kid, 5 arrays 7.5 kw total  2ea.  2S6P Sharp NE-170/NE-165, 1ea. 12P Sanyo HIT 200,  2ea. 4/6P Sanyo HIT 200, MagnaSine MS4024AE, Exeltech XP-1100,  2 Banks L-16 battery, Rolls-Surette S-530 and Interstate Traction, Shunts with whizbangJr and Bogart Tri-Metric, iCharger i208B  dc-dc buck/boost converter with BMS for small form lithium 8S 16650 or LiFePO4,
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Priceless to have the correct parts, not to mention warranty when they see a picture of a cluge.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net