Manuals

2»

Comments

• HotRod
    HotRod Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Mcgivor, I'm aware that it is the disclaimer at the beginning of the manual. I'm just curious as to why Dave posted it. If he is suggesting I'm incompetent, then he should just say that.
    2 Schneider XW+ 6848 inverters
    2 Schneider MPPT 80 600 Charge Controllers
    Combox
    40 335w Canadian Solar panels, 13.4kW array on an Iron Ridge racking system
    1 big ass 24-85-27 refurbished forklift battery w/1430AH
  • HotRod
    edited May 2019 #33
    Schneider just got back in touch with me. I am now a registered solar installer with Schneider.   :D
    Combox
  • HotRod
    edited May 2019 #34
    I didn't feel like typing this all over again so I just copied and pasted it from the solarpaneltalk.com forum.

Thanks for the welcome!

Q: Does your combox show the 2 XW's at different addresses?
    A: Yes. The master XW (1) is registered at modbus address 10, the slave is at modbus address 11.

Q: The 2 charge controllers?
    A: The CCs are set as 3 & 4 and have modbus addresses 170 and 171 respectively

Q: Are the termination plugs in place at each end of the Xanbus?
    A: Yes

"You may need help understanding the terminology if you are not an electrician , these are not all DYI gear." Good point. I guess I should have introduced myself instead of just my equipment.

I grew up working in the shallow oil fields of western Kentucky. I started working as a roughneck on service rigs about 13-14yo. That was over 30 years ago and I'm not sure how old I was but I remember the lessons. The #1 lesson I learned was money came from sweat. Work or starve. #2 was either you learned to do it yourself or you pay that precious money you earned to somebody else to do the job. So I learned to do everything. The quintessential jack of all trades. Your standard issue DIYer.
    I still live on the 47 acres I grew up on. I just built a new house behind the old farmhouse I grew up in. The house is super efficient and I would love to tell anybody about it if interested, but this is a solar forum so I will abstain unless provoked. We are very remote. Closest neighbor is nearly half a mile as the crow flies. We also have a 5 acre lake on the back of the property and its piped to the yard for water to was cars and gardens or whatever.
    I left the paradise in '99 to join the military for what I expected to be a short stint in the infantry just to get the angst out of me. I fell in love with the regimentation and the lack of decision making on my part. After growing up in a family business where "we" made all the decisions, it was actually liberating in a way to not have to decide, but simply execute directions. I was too old to compete with the younger guys. I was 29 when I joined and I got injured, several times. Eventually I found myself on a permenement profile. That's when I reclassed to Prime Power. United States Army Corp of Engineers only active duty unit directly under the control of USACE and not parceled out to any brigades. Our mission was commercial quality electrical service. Everything from generation down to plugging in the officers coffee pot. Our minimum deployment was 3.6MW. The school was 1 year long. 36 college credits, taught in a real classroom, by real professors, (unusual in the military world). All the core classes for a degree in electro-mechanical engineering. Taught in 16 weeks. Sink or swim. We lost a bunch of folks pretty quickly, but that was the point. Our mission was to be able to design, install, operate, and maintain grid quality power in combat operations 24/7. I spent 8 years with Corp doing that. I then spent another 3 years as a private contractor doing the same thing. And now I'm at home doing the same thing. I designed and installed a solar instead of diesel powered micro grid at my house. Now I'm operating and maintaining it. I can get pretty technical. I would love to have manuals and documentation that went into more detail about setting interactions and the reasons for it.

So there ya go. That's me. Hello again! 

Jason
    Combox
  • HotRod
    Combox
  • HotRod
    This is one of the companies my stepdad built from the ground up. 

https://www.logwell.com/
    Combox
  • HotRod
    edited May 2019 #37
    I've been around this kinda stuff my entire life. I consider myself a tradesman, not an engineer. Not because I cant do the math, but because I'm way better with my tools than my pens.
    Combox
  • HotRod

Schneider solar homepage
    https://solar.schneider-electric.com/

Hover products drop-down menu, and choose what equipment you are looking for.

Combox
  • HotRod
    Link takes you to a page that touts all the capabilities of the equipment. scroll past all that until you see this:

It's everything I was asking for. I hope this helps anybody looking for Schneider literature on Schneider's solar equipment.
    Combox
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you found it. It is not an easy site to learn but it is functional.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail [email protected]

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,422 admin
    Thank you HotRod,

Yea, Schneider can make it almost impossible to "hot link" directly to a page with support documents for a single product (when they first purchased Xantrex).

I hardly ever go there to look for the stuff (bad moderator) because of my frustration to find the information and pass it on "simply" to our members.

Looks like they made it much easier to find the stuff (in this case) on the product's home/landing page these days.

-Bill "very bad moderator" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,422 admin
    I should add the "hot link" from HotRod's screen shot to the product landing page:

https://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/conext-xw-na-solar-inverter/

-Bill "hit moderator on nose with rolled up newspaper" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill, that change happened about 7 years ago. Not much has changed recently, but as he said you do have to hover.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail [email protected]