Manuals

HotRodHotRod Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭
Schneider Electric 6848, 80-600, combox. I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the level of operator guidance offered by the owners manual. Is there an engineering level manual for this equipment? I'm finding settings in the computer interface that are not covered in the manuals I have. Also are there other computer based interfaces out for this equipment?
2 Schneider XW+ 6848 inverters
2 Schneider MPPT 80 600 Charge Controllers
Combox
40 335w Canadian Solar panels, 13.4kW array on an Iron Ridge racking system
1 big ass 24-85-27 refurbished forklift battery w/1430AH

Comments

• HotRodHotRod Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭
    So, I guess that's a no then?
    Combox
  • MrM1MrM1 Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean about the limited docs and explanations.  I have not seen anything more than what is online for the combox.  I do not think there is another system that will interface with the XW Xanbus system and give you the level of full system control that the combox gives you.
    REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2.6kW-STC / 1.9kW-NMOT Array / MN Solar Classic 150 / 2017 Conext SW 4024 Inverter latest firmware / OB PSX-240 Autotransfomer for load balancing / Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S connected to Inverter with 7' of 4/0 cable / 24 volt system / Grid-Assist or Backup Solar Generator System Powering 3200Whs Daily / System went Online Oct 2017 / System, Pics and Discussion
  • Dave AngeliniDave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do have to look around a bit. The info is out there. You could search this site along with Schneider Solar. Do not get trapped in the Schneider businesses. They are a huge company. Just look at Schneider solar and learn how their website works.

For instance the link below has been on this site since October. Pretty hard to complain if you do not put the time in.

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/353921/new-inverter-xw-pro-new-conext-gateway-with-easy-remote-monitoring-on-conext-insight-2/p1
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Mountains near Mariposa/Yosemite CA
     http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
    E-mail [email protected]

• EstragonEstragon Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a vague recollection of a modbus -> xanbus connection via combox for control/monitoring a few years back.  Don't know if that went anywhere.  There was the Midnite open source "black box" project, for example.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
    Fully developed modbus maps and data both from Outback and Schneider. I only charge if you want me to read the manuals to you ;)
    E-mail [email protected]

I've got the ComBox interface and there seems to be a lot of settings that aren't covered in the manuals that came with the equipment. Active power control for example, doesn't seem to be covered in the manual at all. There are options in the interface that appear to have been disabled but never removed from the program, Grid Voltage Support, one menu down from Grid Support. Doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on the behavior of the system. I have a hard time believing the documentation doesn't exist. I believe Schneider has such documentation with better explanations of system interactions based on settings. I understand that they don't want to put that level of information in the hands of a home owner with no electrical background. Not all of us fall into that category. Tesla won't sell to anybody but installers for that very reason. I tried. Even submitted all my credentials. Wouldn't even sell me a panel. But I digress, the information is out there. Schneider didn't field this equipment without a few years R&D.
    Combox
    Dave Andelini, This is the second time you've commented on one of my posts in what appears to be a condescending tone. I can see by your many posts here that you are very familiar with the equipment and I do greatly appreciate what help you do offer, I know you don't have to do this. But I can do this without this aggressive vibe I'm getting. You guys have a good one.
    Combox
    I want to thank everybody in these forums for sharing and answering my questions. I will continue to glean information from this site, but I won't be posting again. Good luck all! Peace, out.
    Combox
    Don't take my comment personally ok? It was not even meant for you but to Estragon who kids me over the years here. I kid him back on Canadian politics. Alot of the Canadians I work with in Burnaby kid me often also......
    E-mail [email protected]

• BB.BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 28,859 admin
    HotRod,

I do hope you can come by and post again... I try to keep moderation (aka censorship) at a low level here. And sometimes "in jokes" (and folks who have just had a "bad day") can appear to (or actually) cross a line.

Without body language, a forum like this, "jokes" sometimes do "go bad".

Sincerely,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
    Dave Angelini, my bad. I didn't realize you were chastising Estragon about his inability to do research before he posted. LOL
    Combox
    Cool ! I have my shields up and with the news down here I am ready for Estragon.
    E-mail [email protected]